Search This Blog

Monday, August 23, 2010

bois de vincennes

For my birthday we decided to get back to nature after living in the city for 1 1/2 months.

Bois de Vincennes is such a nice park...It is three times larger than Central Park. Originally it was used as a hunting ground for the king then used for military exercises and then Napoleon III made it into a Public Park. There is a Chateau on the grounds (2nd home for the 14th Century Kings). We walked and walked and walked. We did not make it to the children's playground this day. But we made it to all of the islands and the Buddhist Temple. We probably only covered 10% of the park.

We are very lucky that this park is just a 20 min metro ride for us (on the same line).

We plan to meet F for a few lunches before the weather gets too cold.

I would give this park 5 stars...Like I said I have not seen the playground yet but I'm sure it is excellent. I will report back when M has tried it out














No comments:

Post a Comment