I have been done with work for about 3 weeks but haven't really been a SAHM yet. These past 3 weeks have been spent preparing for our big move. M's has 2 days left at daycare and then I will be an official SAHM.
I am a little nervous about this not because I will be with little M non-stop for 12 hours a day but because I want to make sure he is staying on track with other children his age. With him being in daycare since he was 3 months old he has learned so much. They do so many activities with them everyday. And not to mention interacting with other babies/kids.
I have bought all the books, crafts, toys etc...but I am still clueless. I have found that most of the stuff they have out there are for children 2+. I guess at this age (11 months) it's all about playing and discovering new things.
My goal is to:
- Take a walk with M daily (and discover our district)
- Talk with M all day even when doing household chores
- Read to M daily
- Go to the park/zoo/aquarium/library etc... at least 2x's a week (when weather permits)
- Do a big art project with M weekly
- Have lunch with F weekly
- Take care of myself (keep up with my hair/makeup/exercise etc...)
If anyone has any tips or ideas let me know!